「C Electronic Component Co. LTD」
Implemented SAP FI&CO modules at 17 subsidiary companies in 11 countries to help strengthening Internal Control (J-SOX) and supporting quick decision-make through consolidating and inquiring various management resources promptly.
1. Multiple languages need to deal with, and local business customs and local legal requirements have to be handled.
2. Short implementation cycle (to support J-SOX, major 8 subsidiary companies have to be implemented in 8 months till Aug. 2008)
3. Shortage of resources (almost no financial officers of Japanese speaker in local subsidiary companies)
4. Low cost as possible Solutions to above Requirements
1. The project team was composed by the consultants who are at least bilinguals.
2. The project team was composed by the consultants who know well about local business customs and have experience with dealing requirements in major target countries like Japan, China, Thailand and Mexico.
3. Based on reference template, project preparation, global common design and global common development are conducted and the client's specific template was built. That template accelerated global rolling out.
4. Team leader acts as intermediary between head office and subsidiary companies, and the project was managed by using top-down approach (additional requirements and progress level was reported on weekly meeting).
5. Local and foreign consultants played a big role in global common design and global rolling out.
6. Decreased the numbers of business trips.
1. Internal control is strengthened and saved energy spending on internal control operations.
2. Streamlined consolidated accounting operations. Accounting data's accuracy is improved and speedup acquisition of necessary business resource and information for local management and global business management.
3. Made job relocation easy between head office and branch or between subsidiary companies and reduced misunderstanding by using common business work flow.